504 East 50th Street, Savannah, GA
Great home for entertaining or quiet living! Open foyer into spacious living room with cozy fireplace. The two windows in the living room on either side of the fireplace have decorative moldings. The extended living room has a gorgeous antique etched glass bowl fixture whose light plays off the accompanying ceiling plaster creating a wonderful effect. Living room and formal dining room have antique chandeliers, one with a plaster medallion and made-in-Savannah bulb. Three bedrooms and one bathroom. The central hallway has the original telephone enclosure. Well-planned, lots of character kitchen. Copious cabinet space. Along with the standard cabinets there is a cabinet just for glasses and mugs, one for large platters, a tall narrow one that pulls out from wall for small items even a slanted pull out cabinet that exactly holds a medium size bag of dog or cat food. Plus there is a window over the sink facing the street to watch the world passing by.Well-landscaped, gated and fenced back yard. One car garage. Weathered fencing surrounds the tree shaded backyard comprised of two sheds which have electricity, plumbing and a small hot water heater and two decks for lounging. Three camilla trees, a Lady Banks rose, and jasmine fill the brick-lined yard.The house faces south with gracefully arched front windows, one a two window combination and the other a three window with tons of natural light. Picture moldings are in every room, and the house has original hardware and knobs. A true Savannah treasure!
Features & Upgrades
- Listed at $240,000
- 3 bedrooms/1 bathroom
- 1,758 square feet
- Hardwood floors
- 2 sets of French doors
- Spacious, extended living room
- Formal dining room
- Well-planned kitchen
- Copious kitchen cabinet space
- Faces south, tons of natural light
- Picture moldings in every room
- 2 antique chandeliers
- Original hardware & knobs
- 2 sheds with electricity, plumbing and a small hot water heater
- 2 decks for lounging
Location, Location, Location!
Ardsley Park-Chatham Crescent is a large, highly intact residential area developed, beginning in 1910 as two adjacent planned subdivisions. The plan of Ardsley Park, a regular grid with landscaped squares, is extremely important to the fabric of historic Savannah as it is a twentieth century variant of Oglethorpe’s original city plan.
In 1985, Ardsley Park and Chatham Crescent were named to the National Register of Historic Places under the collective name of Ardsley Park. Ardsley Park’s central location, its physical beauty and strong property values positions it as one of Savannah’s most desirable communities. Thanks to a strong and active neighborhood association as well other community-minded residents Ardsley regularly lands on “Best of…” lists in local publications. The various parks, broad streetscapes, and lush canopy encourage walking, biking and running. Waters Avenue and Abercorn are direct routes both Downtown and to the Southside and Victory Drive is a straight shot to the Islands. So, Downtown is only ten minutes away and one can be on Tybee Island in about twenty minutes. Also, Ardsley Park abuts the Ardmore community, home to red-hot Habersham Village with its shops, restaurants and bars as well as diamond-shaped Hull Park, which has become a popular, kid-friendly recreational site.
The nearby distractions of a stunning and historic city, the promise of its beaches and Low Country, and a unique urban environment and fabric find Ardsley Park situated at the apex of all things that rate “Best of..” in Savannah.
Prior to the development a section of Victory Drive was known as Estill Avenue and was a beautiful grass and palmetto lined street with grand homes. It was expanded and renamed in 1919 as a memorial to all of the soldiers, sailors and marines who died from Chatham County in World War I. It extends all the way from Ogeechee Road out to Tybee Island and is believed to be the longest palm-lined corridor in the world. Immediately adjacent to Ardsley Park is one of Savannah’s green jewels-Daffin Park.
Designed in 1907 by landscape architect John Nolen, a student of Frederick Law Olmsted, Daffin Park was built as a formal Beaux Arts-style park with two circular nodes joined to the four corners by tree-lined diagonal roads. The park is home to Grayson Stadium, a minor league 8,000 seat baseball stadium. It is the home field of the Savannah Bananas minor league baseball team and is also the part-time home of the Savannah State University college baseball team. Known as “Historic Grayson Stadium” it was built in 1926 and is the oldest working minor league ballpark in America.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed.