505 E Henry St, Savannah, GA 31401
Stately home in desirable Victorian District has been lovingly restored inside & out with an eye for detail and a commitment to maintaining its signature Victorian character. Enter in to beautifully preserved heart pine floors throughout. Living & dining rooms flow seamlessly & feature unique side-by-side fireplaces with original mantels. “WOW” kitchen with new custom, soft close cabinetry with dovetail construction, concrete counter tops, custom herringbone slate floor & unique wood overlay ceiling like nothing you’ve ever seen! Main floor guest room with stylish bath featuring custom tiled shower. Half bath features designer vessel sink & marble accents. Upstairs, enter through custom rough-hewn barn doors to the show-stopping master suite with vaulted ceilings, double brick fireplace, walk-in closet & stunning bath with His & Her vanities, claw foot tub & gorgeous design elements. 2nd guest suite upstairs with beautiful bath featuring a stylish zero-entry shower. Wide moldings & stunning craftsmanship throughout. Entertain on the multi-level deck with custom privacy fencing & built-ins. This one-of-a-kind home is an absolute must-see!
Features & Upgrades
- Offered at $400,000
- 3 bedrooms
- 3 full & 1 half bath
- 2,336 sq ft
- Completely renovated
- Living room with heart pine floors, 10′ ceilings, decorative fireplace, custom built-in book cases
- Dining room with decorative fireplace
- Main floor guest bedroom with new oak flooring & en suite bath featuring walk-in tile shower
- Gorgeous kitchen with custom dovetailed cabinetry with soft-close doors & drawer, concrete counter tops, subway tile backsplash, gas range, herringbone slate flooring & show-stopping wood inlay ceiling
- Half bath tucked under the stairs with judge’s paneling, marble accents & unique vessel sink
- Serene master suite with dramatic rough-hewn oversized barn doors, vaulted ceilings with skylight, double fireplace, walk-in closet
- Spa-like master bathroom features His & Her vanities with European fixtures, custom mirrors, gorgeous tile work and claw foot tub
- Second floor guest bedroom with sitting room & gorgeous en suite bath with zero-entry shower & stunning tile work
- Main floor laundry room with washer & dryer
- Beautiful craftsmanship throughout with details like wide moldings, built-in storage, meticulous finish work
- Gorgeous back courtyard with multi-level deck, built-in planter boxes, and an amazing hand-made beveled privacy fence
- Parking pad for 2 cars with alley access
- All new interior lighting, electrical, plumbing
- New roof & rebuilt front porch
- All new drywall throughout
- Convenient location – walk to parks & popular Savannah eateries & coffee shops
Location, Location, Location!
Savannah’s Victorian Historic District is one of a number of Historic Districts in and around Downtown Savannah.The true Victorian District runs from the south side of Gwinnett Street to Anderson Street, bordered by MLK and Broad Street to the west and east, respectively. South of the Victorian District is the Thomas Square Historic District; a much larger district which includes Victorian-era homes and is thus sometimes also erroneously included when people speak generically about the “Victorian District.”
Following the Civil War, crowded living conditions downtown and technological advances, such as paved streets, a streetcar system, and electricity, promoted the development of suburban residences. When a streetcar system was installed in 1869 real estate developers followed its tracks, building inexpensive frame houses in the southern edges of the city. Highly detailed Victorian and Queen Anne Victorian homes, constructed between 1870 and 1910, were built in a 50-block division, 165-acre neighborhood south of the Savannah Landmark Historic District.
To learn more about living in the Victorian District, click here.