505 East 50th Street
Handsome, all brick bungalow on a desirable block in Ardsley Park. Awesome curb appeal with arched entrance details on deep, welcoming front porch. Freshly painted interior. Spacious, open living room with cozy fireplace. Bonus room for a great home office or studio space. Separate, formal dining room. Large, fully equipped kitchen with quality cabinetry and stainless steel appliances. Three bedrooms and one and half bathrooms. Side yard boasts large garden with self-sustaining irrigation system. Fully fenced and gated back yard with detached, one-car garage. Extensive backyard landscaping to alleviate flooding. New HVAC, plumbing, and water heater.
Features & Upgrades
- Listing Price: $300,000
- 3 bedrooms/ 1.5 bathrooms
- Freshly painted interior with low VOC
- Hardwood flooring
- Cozy fireplace in the living room
- TONS of natural light throughout the house
- Formal dining room
- Large garden with self-sustaining irrigation system
- Fully fenced and gated backyard
- New HVAC (2 years)
Location, Location, Location!
Ardsley Park-Chatham Crescent is a large, highly intact residential area developed, beginning in 1910 as two adjacent planned subdivisions. The plan of Ardsley Park, a regular grid with landscaped squares, is extremely important to the fabric of historic Savannah as it is a twentieth century variant of Oglethorpe’s original city plan.
In 1985, Ardsley Park and Chatham Crescent were named to the National Register of Historic Places under the collective name of Ardsley Park. Ardsley Park’s central location, its physical beauty and strong property values positions it as one of Savannah’s most desirable communities. Thanks to a strong and active neighborhood association as well other community-minded residents Ardsley regularly lands on “Best of…” lists in local publications. The various parks, broad streetscapes, and lush canopy encourage walking, biking and running. Waters Avenue and Abercorn are direct routes both Downtown and to the Southside and Victory Drive is a straight shot to the Islands. So, Downtown is only ten minutes away and one can be on Tybee Island in about twenty minutes. Also, Ardsley Park abuts the Ardmore community, home to red-hot Habersham Village with its shops, restaurants and bars as well as diamond-shaped Hull Park, which has become a popular, kid-friendly recreational site.
The nearby distractions of a stunning and historic city, the promise of its beaches and Low Country, and a unique urban environment and fabric find Ardsley Park situated at the apex of all things that rate “Best of..” in Savannah.
Prior to the development a section of Victory Drive was known as Estill Avenue and was a beautiful grass and palmetto lined street with grand homes. It was expanded and renamed in 1919 as a memorial to all of the soldiers, sailors and marines who died from Chatham County in World War I. It extends all the way from Ogeechee Road out to Tybee Island and is believed to be the longest palm-lined corridor in the world. Immediately adjacent to Ardsley Park is one of Savannah’s green jewels-Daffin Park.
Designed in 1907 by landscape architect John Nolen, a student of Frederick Law Olmsted, Daffin Park was built as a formal Beaux Arts-style park with two circular nodes joined to the four corners by tree-lined diagonal roads. The park is home to Grayson Stadium, a minor league 8,000 seat baseball stadium. It is the home field of the Savannah Bananas minor league baseball team and is also the part-time home of the Savannah State University college baseball team. Known as “Historic Grayson Stadium” it was built in 1926 and is the oldest working minor league ballpark in America.
Where The Locals Go
- The 5 Spot – The perfect spot for a quick bite to eat. Be it breakfast lunch or a late night snack. One of our favorites!
- Barberitos – A lot of people do the burrito, but they do it really well.
- bar · food – Great local hangout.
- Bella’s Italian Cafe – They make a great pizza.
- Yia Yia’s Kitchen – A hidden treasure. Great little neighborhood Greek bakery and grocery.
- TailsSpin Pet Food and Accessories – Anything and everything you need for you pet.
- Green Truck Neighborhood Pub – Delicious burgers! You can wait an hour for a table or call in a to-go order and have it ready in 15 minutes.
- Al Salaam Deli – Amazing gyros!
- Russo Seafood Market – Fresh seafood year round!
- Habersham Antiques Market – Lose an hour of your life walking through the nooks and crannies, but it’s worth it!
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed.