740 Maupas Avenue | Baldwin Park Beauty
This is a truly remarkable two story, Craftsman-style home located in one of Savannah‘s hottest neighborhoods – Baldwin Park. Deep front porch. Beautiful, original front door opens to welcoming entrance foyer that features a stunning staircase-with a set of ‘service’ stairs as well- leading to second floor. Remarkable details abound including large original windows with diamond glass panes, heavy moldings, hardwood floors with intricate detailing, custom lights and ceiling fans throughout and much more. Magnificent double parlors, with a fireplace in each, are perfect for entertaining and family get-togethers. Well-equipped kitchen features high end cabinetry, granite counters and stainless steel appliances as well as a cozy breakfast bar. Large, separate laundry room with door to back yard. Three large bedrooms-two with fireplaces- and two and a half bathrooms, including en-suite Master with separate shower, walk-in closet, a jetted garden tub, and a sitting room. Large fenced and gated back yard. Great location just one block from Baldwin Park itself; which has sidewalks, benches and jungle gym equipment. It’s a perfect place to walk dogs, visit with neighbors or just hang out a while. Daffin Park is only about five blocks away and boasts tennis courts, ball fields, a basketball court, even a minor league stadium and a dog park. Locals’ favorites like Al Salaam Middle Eastern Deli, Green Truck burger joint and the Starlander cafe are all walking distance. All this, and the Heart Of world-famous Downtown Savannah is only about fifteen minutes away. Easy access to Victory Drive, Abercorn Street and the Truman Parkway ensure quick travel all around town. About one mile to two major hospitals and the Medical Arts Complex. Close proximity to more than two dozen SCAD buildings. This is a real looker in one of the most sought-after neighborhoods in town.
Features & Upgrades
- Offered at $300,000
- 3 bedroom/ 2.5 bathrooms
- Deep front porch
- Hardwood floors downstairs
- Tile floors in hall and kitchen
- Carpet throughout upstairs
- Four fireplaces: parlor, living room, bedroom, and Master bedroom
- Hallway has attached china cabinet
- Large kitchen
- Stainless steel appliances
- Copious cabinet space
- Separate dining room
- Large utility/laundry room
- Two staircases that meet at center landing
- Claw foot tub in hall bathroom
- Bedrooms with spacious closets
- Master bedroom suite with sitting room
- Large en suite Master bathroom
- Master bathroom has jetted garden tub
- Large, walk-in closet with tons of shelves
- Large back and side yard with wood fencing
Location, Location, Location!
Nestled to the southeast of Savannah’s Victorian District is the quaint residential neighborhood of Baldwin Park. Within these few blocks you can see an architectural timeline of downtown Savannah. From the Victorian homes and mansions that line its border on Victory Drive to the early 20th century bungalows that make up most of the neighborhood, every home has character and charm. Originally this neighborhood was part of the Chatham Crescent development, an area known for its curvilinear streets, roundabouts, and parks. With the creation of Victory Drive in 1919 Chatham Crescent was separated, and the north end became what is today known as Baldwin Park.
At the center of this neighborhood is its namesake, a circular park that is the ideal environment for walking, picnics, and recreation. From the park, looking to the south, you can see the center of Chatham Crescent, picturesquely lined with palmetto trees, all the way down to Teideman Park and the Savannah Arts Academy on Washington Avenue.
Where The Locals Go
- The 5 Spot – The perfect spot for a quick bite to eat. Be it breakfast lunch or a late night snack. One of our favorites!
- Barberitos – A lot of people do the burrito, but they do it really well.
- bar · food – Great local hangout.
- Bella’s Italian Cafe – They make a great pizza.
- Yia Yia’s Kitchen – A hidden treasure. Great little neighborhood Greek bakery and grocery.
- TailsSpin Pet Food and Accessories – Anything and everything you need for you pet.
- Green Truck Neighborhood Pub – Delicious burgers! You can wait an hour for a table or call in a to-go order and have it ready in 15 minutes.
- Al Salaam Deli – Amazing gyros!
- Russo Seafood Market – Fresh seafood year round!
- Habersham Antiques Market – Lose an hour of your life walking through the nooks and crannies, but it’s worth it!
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed.