Pooler Homes for Sale
They say ‘It’s cooler in Pooler’ and it seems that many folks would agree. In ten short years the city’s population and development has exploded, making it one of the fastest growing and commercially diverse cities in the state.
During the Civil War, Pooler was a railway stop called Pooler’s Station—the last stop before Savannah on the Central of Georgia Railroad. In December 1864, as William Tecumseh Sherman moved in on Savannah, he found that even though that city lay but a scant 10 miles away, he felt he had “miles and miles to go before he sleeps, for he had promises to keep”. General Sherman had, after all, promised to give Savannah to President Lincoln for a Christmas present, and Christmas was fast approaching. Pooler was the meeting place where Sherman negotiated with Savannah authorities for the strategic port city’s peaceful surrender.
Today, Pooler is the booming center of commercial development in west Chatham County. Godley Station, at heart of this business development, has been successful in attracting large companies such as JCB to the area. Gulfstream, maker of luxury personal jets, and the Savannah International Airport are two of the largest employers in the area. Newer shopping centers such as The Shops at Godley Station are bringing booming revenue to the area. Low crime, and a small town community feel have all been factors in its explosive growth.
Amenities, Schools, Parks & More!
Conveniently located off both I-95 and I-16 near the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport Pooler offers a mix of newer homes, townhomes and condos in large developments offering vast amenities and services. Shopping and dining choices at both local and chain restaurants and stores abound close by. Several attractions are also big draws for residents and visitors alike.
The favorite green space is Tom Triplett Park. Once the campsite for General William Tecumseh Sherman’s Union Troops, now it is part of the historic Savannah-Ogeechee Barge Canal Trail and features a lake that’s great for fishing, biking and jogging with trails, tennis courts, and playground. In January the Park is home to the nationally known Savannah Open Disc Golf Tournament.
It’s also possible to experience the excitement of a bombing mission and learn what it was like to Escape and Evade the enemy at the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum. The Museum is also a great event venue for meetings, reunions and weddings.
Pooler is now home to Georgia Theatre’s Pooler Stadium Cinemas 12, believed to be the largest cinema in southeast Georgia. A new IMAX theatre is now open as well. SK8 City (skating rink) now calls Pooler home and is open to all ages.
Enjoy an afternoon with the family at the Fun Zone Amusement & Sports Park. It features four Go-Kart Tracks, two 18 Hole Mini-Golf Courses, Kiddie Land, and a Large Arcade. Nearby Galactic, a comic book and game store also offers a place for kids of all ages to enjoy card games such as Magic, Pokemon or Yugio.
Part of the ‘cool’ in Pooler can also be found in its schools. They are regularly rated amongst the top in the state. The Pooler area has two public elementary schools, two middle schools and a high school. Additional/new schools are planned and there are already several private schools nearby. Higher education is well-represented near Pooler and the greater Savannah area as well. Georgia Tech’s Engineering Campus, Savannah Technical College, Savannah College of Art and Design, Georgia Southern University, Savannah State University, Armstrong Atlantic State University, South College, Saint Leo University, University of South Carolina/Beaufort, Brewton Parker College and the University of Phoenix are just a short drive.
Pooler has a strong appeal to young, growing families as well as on-the-go professionals and executives. It is also convenient to Hunter Army Airfield making it attractive to military personnel. The charms of Historic Savannah are just minutes away as is Tybee Island and even nearby South Carolina.
Positioned at the apex of community and commercial development in the Savannah area, Pooler is destined for a greatness that even General Sherman couldn’t have imagined.
THE HUNT CLUB – New construction community located off of Jimmy Deloach Parkway. The neighborhood features a community pond and open air pavilion.
THE FARM AT MORGAN LAKES – This community is built around a 60 acre lake. The Farm represents a whole new theme concept for the Savannah area. Eclectic elements such as old fashioned plows, silos and windmills are scattered throughout the community.
- CUMBERLAND POINT – Offering single family homes starting in the $160s. Within walking distance to Godley Station Elementary (K8)
- WILLOW POINT
- THE ARBORS – This community features new construction homes built by Jerry Wardlaw Construction and Hallmark Custom Homes. Amenities include fitness center, junior Olympic size pool, 5,000 square-foot clubhouse, lagoons, and more!
- COPPER VILLAGE – A well established community in Godley Station
- THE VILLAGES – Master planned community just off Pooler Parkway!
- TOWNE LAKE – This community awaits its residents with its well-established homes, amenities, and beautiful scenery that welcomes everyone home.
- THE RETREAT AT FOREST LAKES – This upscale gated community provides the best value in its area, while also providing its residents with an added level of comfort with its secured gated entrance.
- WESTBROOK – Secluded on 950 acres behind its own private gates, Westbrook provides a distinctive lifestyle measured in elegant architecture, majestic natural beauty and a thriving member social scene served by exceptional club amenities.
- EASTHAVEN – The Easthaven district is home to exciting neighborhoods for both families seeking to live close to downtown and active adults wanting to retire to Savannah.
- THE VILLAGE – A vibrant mix-used neighborhood. Urban townhomes, apartments, planned shops and relaxed cafés, services and offices bring together conveniences and delights reminiscent of a small town.