ARE YOU CONSIDERING SELLING?
We’d love to help! Whether it’s your first time selling a home or you’re a seasoned pro, we will guide you through every step of the process. We take pride in the value we bring to our clients with Don’s expert market knowledge and negotiating skills, our professional photographer, our excellent stager, and a host of team members at your disposal.
To help you get started selling your home we’ve broken the process down into 3 Phases so you can take them each one step at a time.
Selling a House: Phase 1
Hire Your Agent & Prepare The House
- Step 1: Hire Your Agent – When hiring your Realtor, there are several key things to look for. Are they a local market expert? How are their negotiation skills? What about their marketing plan? What do their past clients say about them?
- Step 2: Prepare The House – Just because you love the way your house looks, does’t mean it’s show ready. We highly recommend bringing in a professional stager to provide a list of recommendations to make your home shine!
- Step 3: Professional Photography – We can’t emphasize this one enough! Yes, your cell phone CAN take a picture of that amazing living room, but a Professional Photographer will SHOWCASE your home making it appeal to buyers. And bonus points if you have professional video.
Selling a House: Phase 2
Showings & Offers
- Step 1: Launch! – The launch of your house in the MLS is key! We’ll do a complete marketing blitz across multiple platforms to make sure we maximize your exposure. Sit back and be ready for showings.
- Step 2: Showings – Showings can happen during the week, in the evenings, and on weekends. You’ll always have a confirmed appointment before anyone shows the house, but it’s best to start each day by prepping the house for potential showings.
- Step 3: Offers – How exciting! You’ve received an offer on your house. Now what? No worries, we’ll guide you through the negotiation phase and to an accepted contract.
- Step 4: Under Contract – Once you and the buyer come to terms and have a binding agreement you are officially under contract! The day you go under contract the clock starts ticking on several important timelines.
Selling a House: Phase 3
Due Diligence & Prepare for Closing
- Step 1: Inspections and Repairs – Once you’re under contract the buyer will perform any and all inspections. The home inspection and termite inspection are the most common. Should any defects be found, the buyer has a right to request that these items are prepared.
- Step 2: Appraisal – After inspections are complete and any repairs agreed upon, the next step is for the buyer’s Lender to order the Appraisal. The property will need to appraise for at or above the contract price.
- Step 3: Packing & Moving – You’ve cleared the hurdles. Now it’s time to pack up the house and move out. Closing day is just around the corner.
- Step 4: Closing – You’ve made it! Closing day is in sight! Closings in Georgia typically take place at an attorney’s office. You’ll sign any final paperwork and hand over the keys to the new owner.
Turn on any popular home network on cable TV and you’ll find a program on staging.
If you are selling your home, a professional stager just might become your new best friend. This pro works to prepare your home for the local real estate market, with the main objective to make your house desirable to potential buyers. Home staging can be a major factor in helping your place sell quickly and easily, so don’t skip out on this crucial step before listing.
Re-arrange your furniture, pick a soothing color palette, clear out the family photos, and your home will sell faster, and for more money. Sound too frou-frou to be true?
It’s not! The soft and decorative side of staging is backed by hard facts. Real estate agents like great-looking homes because they are easier to sell.
WHAT’S MY HOME WORTH?
How much is your Savannah area home worth? Home values are always changing. Click the link above to find out how much your home is worth in today’s market.
Preparing your home for the market and looking for a painter? Have some handyman type jobs that need to be done but you just don’t have the time? Check out our list of preferred local vendors.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.