740 Maupas Avenue
Listing Price: $300,000
Remarkable two story bungalow in Baldwin Park. Deep front porch and red front door opens to a welcoming foyer with hardwood floor and a commanding staircase to the second floor. Four fireplaces are found through the house–in the double parlor (two), bedroom, and Master bedroom. Kitchen boasts high-end cabinetry with deep molding, marble countertops, stainless steel appliances, and a tall breakfast bar. Three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms including large en-suite Master with sitting room. Master bathroom offers a large, walk-in closet with tons of shelving, a separate shower, and a jetted garden tub. Stylish ceiling fans and remarkable detailing throughout the entire house. Spacious utility/laundry room leads to the large, fenced and gated back yard. Baldwin Park is repeatedly on “Best of…” lists of Savannah because of its beautiful streetscapes, unique architectural styles and friendly neighborhood vibe. For more information, click HERE!
A Little Something About Baldwin Park…
Nestled to the southeast of Savannah’s Victorian District is the quaint residential neighborhood of Baldwin Park. Within these few blocks you can see an architectural timeline of downtown Savannah. From the Victorian homes and mansions that line its border on Victory Drive to the early 20th century bungalows that make up most of the neighborhood, every home has character and charm. Originally this neighborhood was part of the Chatham Crescent development, an area known for its curvilinear streets, roundabouts, and parks. With the creation of Victory Drive in 1919 Chatham Crescent was separated, and the north end became what is today known as Baldwin Park.
At the center of this neighborhood is its namesake, a circular park that is the ideal environment for walking, picnics, and recreation. From the park, looking to the south, you can see the center of Chatham Crescent, picturesquely lined with palmetto trees, all the way down to Teideman Park and the Savannah Arts Academy on Washington Avenue.
Where The Locals Go
- The 5 Spot – The perfect spot for a quick bite to eat. Be it breakfast lunch or a late night snack. One of our favorites!
- Barberitos – A lot of people do the burrito, but they do it really well.
- bar · food – Great local hangout.
- Bella’s Italian Cafe – They make a great pizza.
- Yia Yia’s Kitchen – A hidden treasure. Great little neighborhood Greek bakery and grocery.
- TailsSpin Pet Food and Accessories – Anything and everything you need for you pet.
- Green Truck Neighborhood Pub – Delicious burgers! You can wait an hour for a table or call in a to-go order and have it ready in 15 minutes.
- Al Salaam Deli – Amazing gyros!
- Russo Seafood Market – Fresh seafood year round!
- Habersham Antiques Market – Lose an hour of your life walking through the nooks and crannies, but it’s worth it!